Next week is the American Library Association’s Preservation Week, and the Genealogy Center is offering daily programs on gathering, organizing and preserving family records, photos and other precious mementos:
- Monday May 10: Photo Restoration Using Adobe Photoshop, presented by Kay Spears, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM, Globe Room
- Tuesday May 11: Preservation Tips & Tools, presented by Rebecca Schipper, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Globe Room
- Wednesday May 12: Organizing Information: Hard Copies, Computer Files, Pictures, etc., presented by Dawne Slater-Putt, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM, Meeting Room A
- Thursday May 13: Preserving Your Family History — A Practical Overview presented by Curt Witcher (Part One: Basic Information to Preserve, Conserve, and Store Family Heirlooms & Documents; Part Two: Writing & Recording Your Family Stories) 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM, Globe Room
- Friday May 14: Basics of Scanning presented by Kay Spears, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM, Globe Room
- Saturday May 15: Searching Ancestry.com, presented by Delia Bourne 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM, Meeting Room A
Call 260-421-1225 or email Genealogy@ACPL.Info to register.